Cooking has become increasingly popular. Many people have developed a greater awareness of nutrition. Where does the food come from? What is in the food? The motto today: You are what you eat!
That cooking can also be meditative and help calm the nerves after a busy day, many amateur cooks make use of. After a day done, chopping vegetables and tasting sauces can be a real balm for the soul. However, it is not only cooking as an activity which has a calming effect. There are even ingredients that can increase stress levels. For example, coffee or engergy drinks, raw meat or particularly spicy food are difficult to digest and tend to hinder stress reduction. Conversely, however, this is also true; some ingredients can help you relax. The rule of thumb, anything that is considered a gentle diet and easily digestible can be considered to relieve stress. Dishes from childhood have a special advantage, they not only taste good, but are also considered soul food.
Green leafy vegetables: vegetables such as spinach or lettuce are rich in folic acid, which in turn helps to release happiness messengers such as serotonin and dopamine. This can help especially in the cold season not to lose the good mood.
Vegan spinach quiche
- 250 grams of flour (the flour of your choice, chickpea/almond or spelt flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 115 ml oil or margarine
- 4-5 tablespoons cold water
- 350g firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 150ml vegan milk
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 350g fresh or frozen spinach
- mix all the ingredients of the filling with a kneading chopper in a bowl. Mix just until everything is combined. Then spread on plastic wrap about an inch thick and form a round disk. The whole for at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
- process the tofu, lemon juice, salt, milk and spices with a blender to a creamy substance.
- carefully roll out the dough in the cling film to about half an inch. Then live in the greased baking dish and press firmly. Loosen excess from the edge. Again for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator or freezer.
- lightly saute the spinach in a pan and drain the water.
- put tomatoes, finely chopped garlic, spinach in the baking dish.
- pour the cream over it
- bake in the oven at 190 degrees (convection oven 180) for 20-30 minutes
- remove from the mold only after cooling.